By accessing the GVDN Website and/or Dashboard(s) and/or Protocol(s) and/or Blog(s) you:
If you do not agree with these statements, you must not use the GVDN Website, Dashboard(s), Protocol(s), or Blog(s)
‘Blog(s) means a science blog written by experts in the field of vaccinology and topic they are blogging about with the aim of providing evidence-based, informal commentary on current and emerging issues of vaccine safety and/or effectiveness.
‘Dashboard(s)’ means one or more of the dashboards of summaries of information made available at https://www.globalvaccinedatanetwork.org/Data-Dashboards;
‘Dashboard Information’ means the information made available via the Dashboard(s);
‘GVDN Website’ means https://www.globalvaccinedatanetwork.org and any successor website, and includes any functionality provided at these sites, including the Dashboard(s), and any content made available at these sites, including the Protocol(s);
‘Personal information’ has the meaning given in the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) (or replacement legislation) but generally means information about an identifiable individual;
‘Protocol(s)’ means one or more of the protocols used to generate the Dashboard Information; and
‘we’, ‘our’, and ‘us’ means Auckland UniServices Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Auckland, Waipapa Taumata Rau, New Zealand.
Global Vaccine Data Network™ (GVDN®) is a multinational, investigator-led research network with primary interests in the area of vaccine safety and effectiveness. We make it possible for global collaborative retrospective analyses of health data by utilising the existing capabilities of some partners and growing the capacity of countries with less developed data infrastructures.
Our audience includes:
- Individuals, groups, and institutions interested in vaccines, vaccine safety and effectiveness and communicating about vaccines, including:
- Global health agencies, global non-profit alliances, and national health bodies
- Health professional groups and colleges
- Health professionals
- Academics and researchers
- Community leaders who want to guide and support local confidence in vaccines and vaccine safety
- A broad public audience interested in how vaccine safety is being monitored
- Countries looking at the infrastructure needed to monitor vaccine effectiveness and safety
Results of GVDN studies on vaccine safety and effectiveness are made available via the Dashboard(s). Dashboard(s) may be periodically updated.
We provide the Dashboard(s) for informational purposes only. Although our aim is to increase knowledge on vaccine safety and effectiveness, we cannot guarantee that the information is suitable for any particular purpose or that it is error-free. You can find out more about the Protocol(s) and research methodologies used to generate the Dashboard Information at https://www.globalvaccinedatanetwork.org/Data-Dashboards.
Vaccinology is a broad field and draws on several pure and applied sciences. All authors bring their own specialist perspectives, including in epidemiology, biostatistics, global health, immunology, infectious diseases, public health, and public policy.
You may use the Dashboard Information only for academic research and other non-commercial purposes (Permitted Purpose). If you wish to use any Dashboard Information for commercial purposes, contact us at email@example.com for licensing fees and terms.
You may reproduce or republish a Blog in other forums, media, or publications only for the purpose of science communication (also a Permitted Purpose). Where you reproduce or republish an accepted Blog, you must ensure that the original source is acknowledged with the original URL link.
As part of the Permitted Purpose, you may include extracts and summaries of Dashboard Information and Protocol(s) in reports and publications.
Where you use any Dashboard Information or Protocol(s) for further research, you must ensure that any such research and any conclusions you draw reflect generally accepted scientific methodologies and other principles of responsible research conduct.
Where you publish any extract or summary of any Dashboard Information or Protocol(s), you must ensure that the extract or summary is:
- a fair and accurate representation of the information from which it has been extracted or on which it has been based;
- not likely to mislead or deceive any person; and
- stated to be an extract or summary only.
Any report or publication that includes information extracted or derived from Dashboard Information must include the following acknowledgement: This research was based on data sourced from the Global Vaccine Data Network (GVDN) Dashboard name available from URL with the following citation: Global Vaccine Data Network. Name of dashboard. Auckland: Global Vaccine Data Network; 2022 [updated YYYY month; cited YYYY month DD]. Available from: URL.
Copies of GVDN protocols must include the copyright notice.
Research proposals, protocols, reports, or publications using and/or derived from a Protocol(s) must include the following attribution: This work was based on the original Global Vaccine Data Network (GVDN) Protocol title available from URL with the following citation: Global Vaccine Data Network. Protocol title. Version number. 2022 [updated YYYY month; cited YYYY month DD]. Available from: URL.
- All Blogs must be original work and have not been published in any other forum, media, or publication.
- Blog arguments must be evidence-based.
- Direct citations of scientific literature should be referenced, for example a hyperlink to the article URL on PubMed or in an open access journal. In text hyperlinks should be provided for general source information and can be considered for readers who want to access more information. In a Blog, hyperlinks are preferred.
- Blogs should:
- Be around 600–800 words. If a longer Blog is necessary, consider the formatting and the use of graphics/images to assist the reader.
- Avoid the use of jargon wherever possible. When used, technical terms and complex ideas should be explained to meet the needs of a lay audience, consider a hyperlink to further information.
- All graphics/images must have permission for re-use in the public domain and the source appropriately cited.
- A short bio, or link to their preferred bio, is provided for each author of the Blog.
7.1. Rights and Processes
- In submitting a Blog for publication by the GVDN, the author(s) warrants that:
- They have appropriate expertise to comment on the subject matter.
- The Blog is original and has not been published in any other forum and is not currently under consideration in any other forum.
- The author(s) has taken due care and attention to ensure the integrity of the research reported and the Blog does not misrepresent fact and is appropriately referenced.
- If the authors have any competing interests or other conflicts that might bias their Blog, (for example, financial support) that these are fully disclosed to the Co-Directors of the GVDN and at the end of their Blog.
- The Blog contains no violation of existing copyright or other third party right or any material of a libellous, confidential, or otherwise unlawful nature, and the author will indemnify and keep indemnified UniServices against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty.
- GVDN reserves the right to edit submitted Blogs to fit GVDN format and style. Material changes to content will be discussed with and approved by the author.
- Authors will use reasonable efforts to meet and discuss in good faith with us any dispute arising in connection with submission and publication of Blogs.
- Acceptance of a Blog(s) for publication will be decided by, and at the discretion of the Co-Directors of GVDN.
- Members of our audience with questions or concerns about the content of a Blog can contact GVDN through using the tool on the Contact Us page on our website, or by using the email or postal addresses provided on the Contact Us webpage.
As a user of the GVDN Website and/or Dashboard(s) and/or Protocol(s) and/or Blog(s), you must:
- not use the Dashboard Information, Protocol(s), Blog(s), or any other information on the GVDN Website for any purpose other than the Permitted Purpose, except in accordance with separate written agreement between you and us;
- not resupply or otherwise commercialise the GVDN Website or Dashboard(s), Protocol(s), or Blog(s);
- not copy, issue, perform, play, show, communicate, adapt, distribute, use, import or keep for any of the foregoing, any other content of the GVDN Website except in accordance with applicable copyright laws;
- not include any link to the GVDN Website on any other website except with our prior written consent;
- not attempt to identify any individual whose personal information may have been used to inform any Dashboard Information;
- not access the GVDN Website or Dashboard(s) via any method other than through standard web browsers, and not use scraping, spiders, or any other automated data extraction or monitoring process; and
- not hijack or introduce viruses or do anything else designed to interfere with the GVDN Website, the Dashboard(s) or any connected systems, or the ability of any permitted user to use them for their intended purposes, nor attempt to do any such act.
On occasion, GVDN partners may publish Blogs or similar articles on the GVDN Website. The views expressed in such Blogs and articles are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of GVDN, Auckland UniServices Limited, the University of Auckland or any of our partners.
Neither we nor our partners accept any liability or legal obligation for:
- your reliance on, or use or misuse of any Dashboard Information, Protocol(s), or Blog(s);
- your inability to access the GVDN Website, the Dashboard(s), Protocol(s), or Blog(s), or earlier versions of these; or
- any third party links or tools which you access through the GVDN Website.
Where we are held to have liability to you, and we are legally able to limit our liability, our maximum liability to you will be limited to NZD100.
11. Rights of Access
We may grant access to the Dashboard(s) on a temporary basis. We aim to update the Dashboards periodically, which means that the Dashboard(s) may change at any time.
We aim to provide high availability of the Dashboard(s), but availability cannot be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any loss of information due to network or system outages, file corruption, accidental deletion, incompatibilities, or any other reasons.
There are no fees for using the Dashboard Information or Protocol(s) for academic research and other non-commercial purposes. If you wish to use the Dashboard Information or Protocol(s) for commercial purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the applicable licence fees and terms.
We own all rights, including intellectual property rights, in the content of the GVDN Website, including the Dashboard(s), Dashboard Information, and Protocol(s). You must use the GVDN Website and Dashboard(s) only for academic research and other non-commercial purposes. You must use Blog(s) only for the purpose of science communication.